Saturday, October 4, 2008

Work, play, change etc.

Have been rather busy as of late. Ended my short work stint, and now am looking for a more permanent job while refining my entrepreneurial plan. Oh, and study.

Mt. Kinabalu is slightly more than a week away. Have to train, although I'm satisfied with my stamina. Still, am keeping my fingers crossed. Altitude sickness strikes randomly.

I said that I have been busy, but now I have somehow found more time for play. Am trying to clear my huge backlog of PS2 games, and the fact that almost all of them are RPGs do not help. Require lots of time, something I cannot invest too much of on such things. Sigh.

I came across this quote from F.F. Bruce (NT Documents - Are They Reliable?) that pretty much sums up my philosophy of apologetics (if I may phrase it that way):

"...history and theology are inextricably intertwined in the gospel of our salvation, which owes its eternal and universal validity to certain events which happened in Palestine when Tiberius ruled the Roman Empire."
And that is the assertion of Paul and by extension of Christianity. And that is the exact statement I keep in mind if I ever were to defend my faith. Not to offer theodicies or to prove the existence of God, but to say that sometime 2000 years ago, a certain person who claimed to be the Son of God died on the cross and rose again after three days. Now what do you think of that?

2 comments:

Dave said...

aiya why move liao never tell? :) ur hotmail still valid or not

Daniel said...

I did tell you didn't I? :P

Anyway, if it is my lycaphim one, then yes, it should be valid.