Monday, August 17, 2009

Self-Study (Note No. 112)

Looking at MIT's Open Course Ware is a great way at formulating your own self-study curriculum, except that once you have everything in place, you have no idea where to begin.

Listening to one of their classes, you realize that fancy universities have noisy students (the lecturer constantly has to shush the students). And I thought my college wasn't exemplary when it came to talking in class. As someone remarked, it's a universal thing, talking in class.

I realize I read too widely, and I think it's a bad habit .But it is difficult to trim down my subjects of focus. I have over a thousand (digital) books in my library and need to sort them out.

Initial areas of interest: Philosophy, History, Theology- None of which I have a passion in (I no longer have a passion for anything). I only have likes and dislikes, with my most liked being ostensibly the things I would first like to do.


No comments: