Monday, November 23, 2009

Draft: 7

All stories are first conceived in the head, then put to paper (with exceptions) then onto whatever medium it is intended for.

This raises an interesting question - do stories get better once they leave the confines of the page (some never do)? Do they get worse (i.e. adaptation decay)?

We can all agree that some stories are best told visually and others better left in print (or perhaps, in the hands of a better screenwriter). I am personally inclined to a visual medium, but to be frank some stories (though not all) I intend to write would prove to be somewhat difficult to put to film.

I'll have to stick with my pen and PC for the time being. Although I am still thinking as to whether the story is important, or the way it is presented. It may very well be both,. Even so, one still has to start with the all important first step - writing that darn tale down.

This will be first challenge. I suppose I'll worry about later, later.

No comments: