Sunday, August 24, 2008

Slowing Down

I love it when life slows down. The tedium of routine (is that a redundant phrase?) is removed and one can practically do whatsoever he or she desires. This I enjoy.

So then, what am I doing? Or rather, what should I be doing? Some say I should start working. So far, I have not been wholly satisfied with most of my jobs - paid and unpaid, although my most recent one turned out to be the one I enjoyed the most. I don't mind office work but I can't certainly imagine doing it forever. Perhaps as a springboard to another one, but isn't that what those 50 year old white-collar workers always say?

Bleh. As one person stated the obvious to me, the entry level salaries in Malaysia is very low. Still, me being me, I don't mind. I may not like to slug out 5 days a week for a 20,000 a year job but sometimes you just got to do it.*

And politics continues to amuse me as much as it makes me feel fed up and indifferent. Haha, delight I derive from it. From the looks of it, we need a three party system.



4Chan inspired pics never cease to amuse me.


Olympics is over, and we come out with a silver. No gold yet, sadly. Something has to change surely, if we're going to seriously compete. I just wonder what that might be.

I've also started writing again. Let's see how far I can get into my novel, or maybe I would just throw in the towel and call it a short story, haha.

As I always love to say, we shall see. Because some things I just hate to speculate on.

S.D.G.

No comments: