Sunday, May 6, 2007

I'm Not A Professional...In Blogging

YB Datuk Seri Zainuddin Maidin's statement that bloggers should be classified as "professional" or "non-professional" is disconcerting to me, a clearly non-professional blogger.



You see, only a blogger that is classified as a "professional" (whatever that happens to mean) can truly be trustworthy enough to have accurate content.



I'm sad to say that my content thus, is not truly trustworthy. Also, professional bloggers would be more "responsible". I suppose me, a non-pro, would not have such a virtuous characteristic. I am disheartened.



I wonder, though, why we bloggers cannot have our own say. Surely the right to vote presupposes that one has the right to their own say? But I guess those who vote must be professionals, preferably with a doctorate in political theory. Along with that, I am a minor (another legal term for that is "infant"), and thus cannot vote. But there are those who can.



Unfortunately not all of us have such qualifications, which is puzzling to see why even the most clueless of country folk who live most of their lives in sampans are allowed to vote.



Are they professionals? But I guess one is automatically a professional should you ever vote for BN.



Hmm. I don't know. But since I'm not a professional, you can ignore my comments, as they are untrustworthy, and I have an agenda to spread discord. I suppose YAB Zainuddin has one too, but hey, he is a professional. Right?



Of course blogs can be misused, but so can the voting slip. I humbly suggest that we register voters into "professional" and "non-professional" as well, so we can discard any votes from the latter group, as well as any who have ticked "DAP" (may it never be) or "PAS" (let it never be said). Clearly those who vote for these political parties are uneducated non-professionals, who have an agenda, that is, to spread discord.



But alas, I am a non-professional. My opinions are worth less than two cents.



I am also confused at his suggestion not to touch on matters agreed by "consensus" in order not to disturb peace and harmony.



This is puzzling, as the "consensus" in many districts were against having BN as the ruling political party. But he means here "majority consensus", which BN clearly has, and thus likewise the political party that must not be questioned.



Obviously, he is very politically correct. "Peace" and "harmony" (at least in his eyes) must never give way to what might be termed "truth". If the "truth" that is being discussed (especially in blogs) disturb the "harmony" and "peace" of the bumiputera status quo, then "truth" can pergi celaka.



Is the Constitution infallible? Many would treat it as such, and so to question it would be heresy.



But I seriously doubt that the framers of the Constitution would have liked the thought of people being stifled from "questioning" it, even though they would have liked to think that the Constitution is absolutely perfect.



But hey, I'm not a professional in blogging, right?



So why care? Why be so concerned?





No comments: