Friday, May 4, 2007

A Tale of Two Exams

Yet another chapter from the chronicles of our college. Today's story will be that of a day in which two exams took place, something which was unprecedented in our short and remarkably uninteresting history.



Two exams. One law, one accounting. You would've thought that we'd die. But no, we made it. Thankfully.



First exam. Law. Our lecturer sat there, and she apparently got out on the wrong side of the bed. Grumpy, and shutting up anyone who attempted to dispel the tense silence.



I think it was because she forgot to bring her storybook. And the fact that she had to sit that for 3 hours, doing nothing but watch us and scold us. And after that, she has the (un)admirable job of marking our papers.



That was done. And I don't think I did too well. The time was too short. Too short for me to put in all the information that would've brought me marks. I'll be lucky if I get a credit. Oh well, I've been saying that again and again.



After lunch, our right hands (and left, of course) still numb from the writing, we were faced with our accounting exam.



If the law exam was east, the accounting exam would have been west. Yes, it was a huge contrast, a polar opposite. It was easy (at least, to most of us), it was leisurely, and we were allowed to ask "questions" (i.e. ask for help and pointers from each other).



So yes, I'm confident that I'll get some good results from this one. The sad thing? This exam will only contribute 20% to our overall marks. (The law exam contributes around 70%, I think)



It's a sad, yes, but true fact.

No comments: