Monday, September 3, 2007

Last Exile

Almost nothing bad can be said about Last Exile. It has one of the highest production values for an anime that I've ever seen, and, along with a well thought out (and intriguing) plot with interesting characters, is certainly one of the better animes out there.

Well, I can wax eloquent about this anime all day, but in the end you have to see it for yourself to appreciate the depth of the show. Personally, the most important aspect was the well created world of Last Exile, characterized by the conflict between the nations Anatoray and Disith. And certainly the world is a bizarre one (check out the Wikipedia article to find out what I mean, and to spoil all your fun).

So...are there any drawbacks? Perhaps a few, such as the somewhat bumpy plot and often uninteresting detours. But, nevertheless, I can say that I was gripped from beginning to end. Hence why I finished the entire series in two days.

Regardless, this whole show is one big mixture of themes ranging from musket battles and Star Wars style airships to all-powerful antagonists and then some. And if that doesn't get you intrigued, well, tough luck.

No comments: