Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2010, to do (might do).

The religion of the working class is "keep busy", which offers more existential peace of mind than any god or godless system can. Well, I'm not a usually busy person. I delight in having my calender empty. Still, it wouldn't hurt to do something once in a while.

Mono concert, end of the month. Smaller locale, just hope the sound is just as good as the Mogwai one. Hymn to the Immortal Wind sounded like a movie soundtrack, but a darned good one. I'm looking forward, of course.

Both of my brothers have returned to school. Honestly, I have always told every curious soul that homeschooling is all or nothing. Still, institutions offer that much more security than learning in the four walls of one's home. But of course; even we homeschoolers go to colleges and universities.

College is almost over. Time to think of a thesis project. Sometimes I regret starting so early, which leads to the big looming "to do" - get a job. No more comments on that now.

And yes, I like playing more than working, so the second installments of Mass Effect and Bioshock I'm looking forward to. Both have high expectations to live to; the latter's first installment basically marked the day video games grew up (or was it Half Life 2?). Either way, they are only a few weeks away.

I don't expect to go somewhere this year. Indeed, for 2009, I basically only traveled between two cities. 2011, though? If all goes well, I'll be crossing out half of my "to visit" list.

No New Year's resolutions - time to admit they're useless for me. I never was a goal oriented person. Just a person with a long lists of wants and no idea how to get them. But oh, I'm learning.




No comments: