Monday, February 4, 2008

And then there was nothing...

Strange how a bout of the flu can cure you of your enthusiasm for writing anything. Or maybe the college assignments did that. I can't say for sure. What I do know is that now that my holidays have started, I've rediscovered what it means to be bored. Really, I have no idea what to do, save to watch movies, read books or play games. Even those three I get tired of after a while.

Hanging out with friends? That's a new one. That is certainly not an activity that I enjoy doing. Not because I have lousy/boring friends (How could I? I pick them oh so meticulously), but because I don't see it as a highly productive activity. Sure, it's much better on the social scale than playing Final Fantasy, but I'd say it's less enjoyable.

Oh, there's another thing to do though. Nothing. Do absolutely nothing. Which can be quite fun. Because the nothingness melts away into thinking, thinking to preoccupy one's time. And that in turn leads into philosophizing, because for that to happen, you must have an empty mind. Harharhar.

I'm trying to sound intentionally witty, you see. Which comes across as annoying. Yes, my writing annoys me sometimes. Like a teenager with a quick wit and a sharp pen who is so full of himself (ahem, ahem). Anuying.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm trying to fill up my blogging quota (366 posts for this year! I'm falling behind!). Bye then.

No comments: