Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wink ;)

I've been learning some punctuation recently; more specifically, I've been learning to use the semicolon (;). It's certainly tricky. Since I know zilch about grammar (well, except what nouns and verbs are; it starts getting hit and miss when we come to adverbs and adjectives), learning the proper usage tends to boil down to intuition. I intuit a sentence's proper construction, and I think I get it right most of the time.

But I've probably made a few mistakes in the above paragraph, and so I gotta keep learning. Spellcheck helps (yes, even when it comes to grammar, although it does get annoying when you are trying to construct unorthodox but technically correct sentences).

Perhaps one of those mistakes would be using Mr. Semi Colon too much. Then again, who's to say what? ;)

P.S. If you don't know much about the semi colon, this will help you get started.

1 comment:

Eunice said...

although all i know about grammar & punctuation are adjectives, nouns & verbs, i love using semicolons! i use it to a fault. first, they look posh and sophisticated; second, i always have too much to say. *ahem* hehe.