Saturday, January 27, 2007

The psychology and redundancy of ads; I didn't know corporations were so cool.

So, I just watched an ad. What? What special ad? No, nothing special. Just a Nescafe ad. Exactly. Ads are too superfluous to the public who don't budge anymore when ads are played.



Well, sometimes they do. Like those "lose weight" treatments. Now, who won't be intrigued by those kind of ads? The overweight and those who think they are overweight that is. Beauty may be relative, but the absolute truth now is that you gotta be hot to be...hot. And that is what advertising is successful at.



It is both a world-mover and a redundant tool. Nobody listens to ads; everyone does. But I write dramatically here. As the saying goes, you can fool some people all the time, all people some of the time but you can never fool everyone everytime.



Yeah, I guess its like that. It goes through randomly. Selectively.



Enough.



BTW, Unilever is cool. The source of my miseries (assignment related), but one can't deny they're cool nonetheless. Seriously, you gotta be cool to have such an awesome product portfolio. I mean, Lipton and Walls and Knorr and what have you belong to them. Coolness, I tell you. They're great!



Proctor Gamble? Heh, darn them.



Well, I would like to say something else, but then profanity is not my forte. Hence, I stay clear.



Oh well, I may be going mad. Who knows. I've been reading too much science fiction nowadays. Ah...that's why.



BTW, just listened to Aeris' Theme from FF7. Simple, but sublimely so. Whoever said piano instrumentals can't stir feelings must be deaf.



Nice, nice, nice. But it's getting late. *Yawn*.



G'nite.

No comments: