Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I've Come Quite Far.

I just took a peek at a fantasy story I wrote when I was 12. I remember quite clearly how I was driven to write it after reading The Silmarillion (and almost driven to death via boredom). My attempt at writing something more interesting was, rather, interesting.



Besides the marked lack of originality (I shuddered as I saw how you could just change the names of some of my characters and they would be equivalent to...oh well, never mind).



Jump to one year back. I took a look at my one of my stories recently, written at that time. And I said...wow. This is not to flatter myself. I do that quite often already.



Well, anyway, I was rather...surprised. And I said, wow, I've come quite far. I've...grown up.



Which is quite scary. I rarely peek into my archives at my other blog because it frightens me...how I could write such things.



Oh well, I was young then. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a few years from now, when you've plucked up the courage to look back at this post, you'll shudder and say "oh well, I was young then."

=)

Daniel said...

Time will tell, time will tell.

;)