Sunday, June 10, 2007

This Ain't No Hilton

My standards must be lowering. I'm talking about celebrities now. Not even celebrities, mind you, but pseudo-celebrities. Not even pse--



Okay, nevermind.



Whoever said humans were innately sympathetic were wrong. Paris Hilton's incarceration demonstrates that. If you bother to read the entertainment section in any newspaper, you'd know how she was dragged back from her home to serve the remainder of her jail sentence.



Ah lovely, says almost everyone. An example would be this rather gleeful piece on her.



I myself join in the chorus of praise. No leniency for this girl. Go Judge and prosecutors! She's done wrong, and gotta pay for it. You reap what you sow. Etcetera.



What can I say about this interesting phenomenon? The Germans have a word for it. Yes, schadenfreude.



Ah yes, I'm feeling it all over. Makes me warm inside.

No comments: