Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Weary.

The most easiest way I have coped with (perhaps the only) weariness and lethargy (in almost anything), is to relax and let it pass. No doubt this is the preferred solution because it usually involves doing nothing. That's simple.

Sometimes though, going out of such a rut might instead require action. Something to be done. Now that always bugged me. What should I do? You see, I have a tendency to procrastinate, and thus I find myself doing almost everything at the last minute. If I was feeling humble I would say that's because I was lazy; if I was feeling wise I'd say that's because I didn't know what to do, and waiting help me build a clear picture of what to do.

So, action should never be taken immediately as a solution to problems like these. I'm actually getting tired sick of fed up of things like, well studying (which I am proud to say I truly enjoyed). One can get tired of reading and re reading a particular book, but can one get tired of the act of reading itself (reading anything for that matter)? My experience seems to suggest so.

Exertion in any form tends to tire either the spirit or body (or both), regardless of the form of exertion. I get tired of playing games too. And I always have to drag myself to church (although nowadays, who doesn't?).

Perhaps I should've clarified what, exactly, I am weary of. Well, life in general. It is tiring, living. But oh, how rude of I to say such things. I am a relatively pampered child (relatively when compared to poor starving African children; I am a beggar compared to say, more loaded people. To whom am I to compare myself with, I sometimes wonder).

But ah, life is ever interesting. And if I may speak in sappy terms, we just never go out to discover its riches. Okay, I retract that sentence. It is unbecoming of me (at the moment). But there is a side to me that vigorously agrees with that statement (i.e. the optimist). To which I side I lean to at the moment, I dunno. On paper I am the "optimist". Let's hope it tips in the right direction. But the right direction need not be a direction towards optimism, may I add.

Yet another monologue from me. I must be tired. And indeed, it is late. Goodnight.

No comments: